Come forth into the light of things; let Nature be your teacher.

~ William Wordsworth

Believe one who knows: you will find something greater in woods than in books.

Trees and stones will teach you that which you can never learn from masters.

~ Saint Bernard de Clairvaux

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Nature is Divine Revelation


 
Photo by Chloe Si on Unsplash

Even in a single leaf of a tree, or a tender blade of grass, the awe-inspiring Deity manifests Itself.
~ Shinto - Urabe-no-Kanekuni

We are surrounded by a rich and fertile mystery.
~ Henry David Thoreau

After a day of writing in my office, the breeze is like heaven. I smell the green and enjoy the colorful flowers my husband has planted. Paradise exists right here and now.

When I spend time surrounded by Nature, I begin to feel that this is my true home. I begin to know I am Nature and It is me.

The wisdom of Spirit is manifested in all aspects of Nature which is Its body. I walk on the grass and know the support of the Earth and Spirit. I breathe the air and am inspired and awakened. Pansies and petunias teach me about how fragile life is and that there is always more.

We sometimes wonder where the Divine is when we’re in one of our uninspired or dark moments. We need only look at the tree swaying in the wind or even our own hand. Spirit is revealing Itself in everything. It is everything. We are never alone.

I often use “It” to talk about Nature or Spirit. But truly, the Divine whether in spirit or in Its revealed form, is a Thou not a thing as we would normally treat things. We are in relationship to this Beingness and as it continually reveals Itself to us, it teaches as well as touches our hearts and minds.

I know as I sit here and breathe this air I take Life into me. A true communion takes place. All is revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment